Re: Lesa- Estrogen patches

Sat Oct 20 23:11:28 2001

Lesa, When I wore the Estraderm Patch I always took it off carefully and laid it on the sink counter until I got out of the tub or any water, and then re-applied it. A whole day at the beach I think I would have saved the part you peel off to stick it onto until I would get back so it doesn't dry out. Once it gets wet and comes off forget it, won't stick anymore.

The Vivelle Dot wouldn't work too good taking off & re-applying because they are much thinner (almost like saran wrap) so if they would come off they would curl up. That's why I couldn't use some of the other kinds I tried, but the Vivelle Dot doesn't ever come off so I don't have that concern.....glue is much better.

The Estraderm patch is much bigger and thicker than other kinds.

I always take extra on vacation just in case because all it takes is a few hours without for me to turn into instant "B"!! JEAN -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of TODDnLESA@aol.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 11:57 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Lesa- Estrogen patches - To Jean

Jean, Talking about the patches coming off...I usually have no problem with mine staying off except for our vacation last year. We went to Cancun for 10 days so I took two patches with me, the one I had on at the time was due to be changed the day after we arrived. Well, obviously the glue on the patches didn't do too well with the salt water and I ended up losing them all within a couple of days! I never thought about taking them off during the day and reapplying them at night, I just kept wearing them in the water and having them come off. Luckily, I didn't suffer any ill effects from not having one on for five or six days. Next time I will be a little smarter! Take care, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: