Re: Patients Bill of Rights

Fri Oct 19 08:35:08 2001

Dear Cheryl,

I am sorry that you are in pain and having trouble getting the pain relief you need.

You don't need to apologise for the length of your post, part of any good pain management routine is to let off steam & vent. So honey you go right ahead!

Now I haven't got a copy of the patients bill of rights, have you looked for it in the archives, I'm sure it would be there.

It makes things worse when you have to start seeing a new doctor to, I know that it can't be easy to deal with the sad loss of your doctor & trying to break in a new one (mmm that gets me thinking....would a horse whisperer for doctors help? After all, sometimes they talk & act like stubborn mules!) LOL sorry...couldn't resist....

If I were you I would print this your letter full of frustration out, and take it with you to your "new" doctor's appointment. I did that when I had to see a new Gyno...and it really helped, because he was able to consider options about my treatment etc, based on the written information I gave him..

Make sure you tell this new doc how you have followed all the suggestions, treatments & pain medication that have been given to you so far, and that they are not helping. Include the damage it has caused to work, home, family & friends. Tell him you aren't leaving his office until you have a satisfactory pain management plan, PLUS the medication to help it work!

I hope this doctor helps you & you get the relief you deserve.

Love & warm hugs, Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: