Re: Update on Surgery-tons of adhesions-endo-tumor on l ovary!

Thu Oct 18 19:51:25 2001

Ahhh Colette,

So now you know the monster you are dealing with! I was prescribed Lupron prior to having my ovaries removed, however I did not fill the prescription. If you look at the Endo message board on obgyn site (link to it is on the list of sponsors for IAS), you will see Lupron mentioned quite a lot.

The explanation I was given by the doctor who prescribed it to me, said that it would give me "menopause" type symptoms. The idea of this is to slow or stop the growth of more endo. It depends on who you listen to, it either works, or doesn't work!! All I can tell you from MY experience, is that loosing your ovaries & dealing with instant menopause is like slamming into a brick wall at top speed!

:-0 I suggest that you look up Lupron on the net & find out what the side affects etc are before you start taking it.

Hope that helps, love & warm hugs Jo (Australia)

P.S. The liquid he possibly filled you with is saline (water), the idea is to fill your abdomen with saline solution and it is absorbed into your system over several days. It is "supposed" to help slow the regrowth of adhesions by keeping the organs as far away from each other as possible, stopping the adhesions from attaching to several organs to form one big mess.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: