Colette- Guess what i have a cyst need yet another surgery!!!

Fri Oct 12 18:57:02 2001

Colette, MY surgeon DID also take down the adhesions along with the ovary. He was my favorite surgeon and I made it 12 years after his surgery. He is retired now :(!!!

As far as the adhesions on the ovary.... he had no choice since he had to take down the adhesions in order to detach the ovary from the vagina to get it out.

I would ASK your doctor if he plans on taking down adhesions if they are there. He may have no choice if they involve your ovaries etc. but allot of surgeons tend to ignore adhesions if they can since they are too tedious for them.

They can (if very skilled) take down the adhesions, remove ovaries, remove endometriosis, and detach organs with a laparoscopic surgery.

My ovaries were taken out via laparotomy.

My last adhesion surgery was the only one out of 5 adhesion surgeries done via laparoscopy however I felt much better long term after the other surgeries. The only benefit I saw so far of my laparoscopy was much faster recuperation, no hospital stay and no big scar. I have not felt totally renewed since this one like I did with the others. I do have multiple problems other than adhesions this time though so maybe that is why.

I know when they took my other ovary out (also due to adhesions) it took 1-1/2 hours just to free the ovary from the bowel and pelvis and it was still engulfed in adhesions at that point, just freed from bowel and pelvis. When he tried to remove surgical clips I have throughout my omentum from previous surgeries they were so numerous he gave up after a very lengthy time and had to remove part of the omentum completely.

It is a shame that the only way we can find help is when they actually "see" something like our cysts or can't move an ovary before they have no choice and will help us!!! They ignore what they don't see!

Make sure taking the ovary out is your only recourse. If they can take free the adhesions and just remove the cyst you may be able to save the ovary. It wasn't possible with mine but they didn't make that conclusion UNTIL they were in there to see the situation! Even part of an ovary is better than none and you will still ovulate. You don't want to be in a situation later on or now that you wind up with no ovaries if at all possible because that creates a whole new line of problems and symptoms! Change of life isn't fun either and that is what happens if you lose all of your ovaries. You are fine with only a piece of an ovary!

Funny how they can't seem to say the words "adhesions" and can only refer to them as scar tissue....like it is a big deal... same thing!! JEAN

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: