Re: Lesa- abscess or infected incision?

Fri Oct 12 15:31:53 2001

Lesa, Is this an abscessed cyst of the skin or an infection of the incision itself? Does the pus come out of an incision from prior surgery? If I remember right you said an abscess, is this independent of the incision? Is this related to surgery you had done? How long ago did you have surgery? I can't always keep up with everything posted.

I also had an infected incision a few days after surgery (C-section emergency). With that it was a totally different thing than my abscessed cyst situation which was the outer abdominal wall.

My incision was wide open and draining for 3 months with the infected incision (staff infection). They never said "something is in there that will eventually come out"! ! The only thing to come out was the infection itself (from non-sterile equipment or environment, or maybe from water broke for 16 hours)!!

I was kept in the hospital with this for 2 weeks and then they only left me go home because I was crying to go home and be a mother to my first child who I had not been able to touch since the infection. The incision itself took the 3 months to close up since they don't re-stitch you when this happens.

I had to go to the hospital regularly to get it irrigated, dead tissue cut away and re-packed. I had a large patch on my belly the entire 3 months and was on antibiotics (daily at first & gradually decreasing). The drainage gradually decreased.

It doesn't sound like your doctor is doing what was done for my abscessed cyst or my infected incision and I would think one of them is what you have!! Maybe you should get another opinion!

If it is an abscess he must get the core out which doesn't just come out on it's own!!!! JEAN

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of TODDnLESA@aol.com Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 9:57 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Lesa- Hello Everybody! - To Jean

Jean, I just don't understand it at all, he says he feels "something" in there and said it will "eventually" come to the surface. I'm just sick of it.

Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: