My Myleogram & X-rays

Wed Oct 10 17:25:24 2001

My Myleogram went allot better than I expected. The pain was definitely much better this time, last time it was unbearable. MUCH better than the Discography and I had Morphine for that one but only Darvocet for this, and that was 3 hours before the test.

I did have a problem though.......I either did or almost passed out when the dye built up in my head. I know I kept thinking it will soon be over as I was feeling more & more faint so I didn't tell him how I felt. I don't remember, but all of a sudden I was aware of smelling salts under my nose. He had to put it back under my nose about 4 or 5 times until I was ok again. He said I had been talking Gibberish and got white as a ghost.

He said he can't believe I reacted to it like that after all I have been through in the past. Oh well, I can't control dizziness. I told him I think my body is just worn out from everything it has been through and saying enough is enough! He was actually very nice today, maybe I had him on a bad day before.

They also did a Cat Scan of my back and multiple X-rays of my back, thigh & hip. I was in the hospital from 7:30 this morning until 2:00 this afternoon. Now I am really tired and still kinda woozy & a little sick on my stomach but I'm not allowed to lay down until at least 8:00 tonight. I am suppose to be resting though and must drink lots of water to flush the dye out. I decided to print that invitation order first now that the printer works so that is off my mind.

I can imagine what my blood pressure was while I was feeling faint because when all the tests were over and I was feeling good again they took it and it was only 91/41. I usually run low but not THAT low. My normal is 90/60, or sometimes when feeling really good or upset 120/70. The bottom number is never that low except directly after something like my hip surgery where I lost allot of blood etc.

Now I just have to wait until I go for my doctor appointments to know the results and what my options are.

One good thing and also a weird thing.......people tend to get constipated after the Myleogram, MY bowels finally OPENED (LOL)!! Maybe my back is related to the worsening constipation problem, seems strange to me?

JEAN

"SMILE........It confuses people!"

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: