Miscellaneous

Thu Oct 4 13:24:17 2001

Hi to all!

For those of you who pay attention to the email address its me, Karla, writing to you from my niece's house in California. I flew out here yesterday and will spend about a week here before the two of us drive...yes drive, home to Wisconsin. Meghan, my niece, is out here all by herself since her husband got sent to the Persian Gulf area two weeks ago. She is only twenty-one and hasn't really met any friends so we all wanted her back home. I am the only one that is free to do that. Under normal circumstances she would have just flown home, but since she doesn't know how long Mike will be gone and the fact that she has three cats, flying wasn't really an option. We will be taking our time coming back and will spend time enjoying the beautiful scenery through the mountains.

As for me, I am a little concerned that I have pneumonia. I have already had it three times this year during some of my other hospitalizations. I will get in to see the doctor while I am out here. Hopefully with the right meds it will be all right. I did have an appointment in Chicago on my way out here. Everything is healed from when they removed the tissue expanders before Labor Day. They have now scheduled me for the surgery to patch my hernias and complete the urinary diversion. With the holidays coming up they want to wait until the end of January before they do this. Hopefully, there are no problems before then.

Helen C., I am so glad that you came back. I missed you. This whole situation with terrorism has been awful. I did not even know, until last week, that I had two family members that were in the WTC at the time of the attack. Both of them, cousins, were able to escape...Thank the Lord! Now we deal with family members being called to serve from active military service and the reserves. I know that the Lord is looking over them as well.

Pam and Bob....Thank you God! I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for the two of you. You have been such a help to so many here, including myself, that it almost feels like you earned your reward. You are surely blessed.

Chrissy, Let me know about your home job prospects. I need to have some kind of income...this living in poverty is the pits.

Love to you all!!

--
Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: