Re: Bladder Adhesions

Sun Sep 23 18:02:27 2001

I had bladder adhesions....they are much like regular adhesions but they can affect the performance of your bladder. In my case, I got to the point where I could not urinate on my own. I had to learn how to perform self-catherization. After two years of this I began losing urine...even minutes after catherizations. Unfortunately at the time I did not know about adhesions and I allowed my surgeon to perform a bladder augmentation to remove the bad portion of the bladder and replace it and make it larger with bowel tissue. When this did not work they repeated the surgery only this time they made an entirely new bladder out of bowel tissue.....this time substantially larger. The adhesions were very painful...my bladder was always being squeezed and I would have shooting pains up inside of me. I now have no bladder because I continued to develop problems and ended up with a fistula from the bowel to the bladder. When they went in to repair the fistula they could not locate it....they felt it was so small that it was not detected by the human eye so they removed by bladder.

If you think that you have bladder adhesions...make sure that they treat them as adhesions. Do not allow them to do any kind of surgery on your bladder. I don't want to see anyone end up with the situation I am in. At this time I have a urostomy...my urine drains into a bag in my abdomen. Because of all my hernias I cannot maintain a good seal and I leak urine constantly. I'm not talking a few drops either. It is very dehumanizing...to the point where at times I don't go anywhere for fear that someone might smell me.

Hope this helps.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Msvirgo9459@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 8:42 AM Subject: Bladder Adhesions

Has Anyone ever had bladder adhesions ?Could you describe them? Msvirgo9459@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: