Patch Adams

Sat Sep 22 23:55:52 2001

Citrus Punch

I had the opportunity tonight to go and listen to "Patch Adams" speak. (The Dr. that the movie was made about with Robin Williams). He adds humour and a lot of caring into helping his patients. He came as a fund-raiser for the company I work for which is a organization that helps troubled teens,(i.e. abused, abusive, and substance abuse problems) Oh how I wish that he was our Dr. One thing about him is that he cares so much for mankind. He is a compassionate man. I was looking around the audience to see if any of the Drs. that treated me so bad when I was trying to get help with the adhesions were there. Unfortunately I didn't see any. He could teach a few medical people as well as mankind how to be more caring. So if any of you ever have the opportunity to see him, please go. Do you know he actually volunteered to go to the N.Y. site and boost moral and was denied? Go figure! He also treats people for free in West Virginia. He is also building a 40 bed hospital that will have caves, tree houses, water falls etc. as he thinks healing should be fun. One thing he also says is, "TRUE HEALTH is living a vibrant, exuberant life every single day and physicians are here to serve the patient, not themselves and love, family, exercise, humor, community, nutrition and faith are the elixirs of life. Okay I will stop now, but I did really enjoy listening to him. kel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: