Re: Apologies

Sat Sep 22 11:13:54 2001

Dear Nancy,

I did not mean any criticism toward you; so please don't take my posting as criticism.

I knew that Drs. Reich, Redan and Gerhart do not offer a second-look laparoscopy following an adhesiolysis; because Beverly Doucette continues to be in close contact with these surgeons and she shared this information with me.

Bev believes in the value of second-looks; and she tried to encourage the Drs. at R & R Adhesions to consider the possibility of including second-looks within 5-7 days following adhesiolysis procedures. Unfortunately, Drs. Reich, Redan and Gerhart were not receptive to doing this.

I have forgotten their reasoning for not doing second-looks; but I'm sure the cost of an additional surgical procedure is one reason. As many of you know, adhesions are still NOT recognized as being a disease; and, as a result, adhesiolysis procedures are reimbursed at the lowest rate by insurance companies (including government health programs such as Medicare) to surgeons and hospitals. So another surgical procedure (a second-look) would only cause more reimbursement problems for surgeons, hospitals and insurance companies.

Love, Helen

At Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Jean Long wrote: >
>Dear Nancy,
>No need to apologize!! As you said no-one is perfect, we all make
>innocent mistakes.
>I have also made them in the past.
>I know you meant well and just didn't know that they didn't do a second
>look.
>It was no big deal, just needed clarifying for those interested.
>
>When I make a mistake anyone should feel free to correct me.
>In friendship,
>Jean

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: