If you are interested in seeking an adhesiolysis in Germany...

Fri Sep 21 19:04:23 2001

I am thinking about going to Germany for an adhesiolysis. Dr. Matthias Korell - who is Chief of Surgery at the Klinikum Duisburg at Duisburg, Germany - performed my last adhesiolysis - as well as a second-look laparoscopy - for me in November 2000. At my second-look Dr. Korell said I was 100% free of adhesions. Dr. Korell did NOT use Intergel or any other adhesion barrier for either of these surgeries; and the pain, I currently live with, is at about the same level as before my adhesiolysis.

Unfortunately, I began to feel the return of pain on my return flight from Chicago to Minneapolis!! I do feel lucky in that the pain that I have been living with since November 2000 is NOT worse than the pain I had before I had those surgeries!!

Before I went to Germany I knew there was a possibility that the adhesions could return; and I also knew that I would have the best chance to become adhesion-free with Dr. Korell as my surgeon. This is the reality of adhesions!! So before any of you decide to travel to Germany for an adhesiolysis, you will need to ask yourself if you can accept the possibility that your adhesiolysis may not be successful.

If and when I go to Germany, I would go in November; because at that time air fares are considerably less than during tourist season. In November 2000 there were four of us, who had surgery during the same week. If you are seriously interested in seeking an adhesiolysis in Germany in November, then you will have to start the process NOW of getting a passport - which could take several weeks.

I can provide you with information regarding everything to do with planning a trip to Germany for an adhesiolysis. If you are interested, please contact me privately at olddad66@runestone.net .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: