We may be oceans apart but our hearts are right there with you all

Sun Sep 16 20:57:28 2001

Hi, I have just been looking through my holiday photographs of my vacation to the States last June-July where we visited New York, Pennsylvania and Washington as part of our trip. My husband and I have visited America many times and hope to visit again in the not too distant future.

You have all been in my thought this past week; I just can’t believe the magnitude of what has happened. Everyone here has been in shock; the streets all over Britain have been full of people showing their grief. The appalling scenes of carnage on our TV screens each day are sometimes hard to imagine that they are true and not just some movie that you are watching, but when you have been to that place admired all the buildings and talked to the people joined in with the 4th of July celebrations in New York, then It is no longer like a movie it is so real and so hard to come to terms with.

We cannot begin to comprehend the reason for the horrific yet, intentional disaster to hit America. It is way beyond belief how anyone could deliberately set out to wipe out thousands of innocent lives for whatever reason, they think justifiable. It’s worse when most of these atrocities are being done in the name of religion.

Britain is with you in your sorrows. Our thoughts and sincere sympathies go out to all who have suffered and are still suffering, from the emergency services, the care workers who have witnessed such horrific sights and all the innocent victims who have sadly perished, and for those who have lost and are still looking for loved ones. We wish you all the courage and fortitude for the days and months to come.

We need to be strong and take comfort in the fact that the civilised world is united in grief and support in brining those who committed this cowardly and despicable act to justice although for the sake of the next generation we must pray for piece on earth. The American flag may be a little torn right now but it will hopefully be rebuilt by faith, love and world friendship. We may be oceans apart but our hearts are right there with you all.

In Friendship Kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk http://www.adhesions.org.uk <http://www.adhesions.org.uk/>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: