Email from Dr. Korell

Sun Sep 16 16:16:06 2001

From: Beverly J.DoucetteTo: M.Korell Cc: BMarkford Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 4:02 PM Subject: Re: Fw: What's going on in New York and Washington?

Thank-you for your support and concern. I think I can speak for the majority of Americans when I say this: I wake in the morning feeling sadness at the death, destruction and suffering that has taken place here in the USA as well as for the persons who perpetrated this attack! It doesn't take long for that sadness to pass and change to anger welling up from deep within our being! That anger subsides even faster then the sadness and we find ourselves feeling a fierce desire for justice to be dealt against those who did this! That desire for justice to take place comes from our pride in being an American! This assault hurt ALL of us here in the USA and I can see that it struck deep within the hearts of many other countries around the world!

I understand now that America IS the world having come together in one place!

Dr. Korell, it is like being part of a family, a family just like yours and mine...where you can punch your brother or sister in the arm and that is, well acceptable in siblings being siblings...it is okay to punch your brother, but it is NOT okay for anyone else to punch them and when they do, they have the whole dam family to deal with as family stands firm and fierce against those who insult and injure our family members and we here in the United States of America are one family united, and our brothers and sisters were punched by an outsider and we will not stand for that!

Every country in the world has been touched with this tragedy! Every country feels that same fierce pride and protection for their specific countries, yes, even Aphganistan! We here in the USA would be the first to chastise even them if they did NOT have some pride for their country as we know pride is the back bone of people standing behind their government and their country! We cannot look at "Old Glory," our FLAG without feeling a sense of great pride for it as it represents our country and all that it stands for stands! PRIDE..

We "Americans" are considered mutts, Heinz varieties so to speak! A people of unions made of many different nationalities and cultures! Persons made up of many different ethnic origins spanning many centuries of nationalities passed down to each one of us by our forefathers! Our forefathers came together to create a new world filled with freedom, peace, unity and love for all so that we might have a better life. Out of those unions, a single individual is born bringing all those nationalities together in one unique human being! That human being is not only born filled with the responsibility of carrying the pride of their many personal nationalities within their hearts, but filled with the blessings, responsibility and pride of being the one born in that new world! WE are the ones born in the greatest country IN the world "The United States of America!"

WE, who call ourselves an American have been born here in this the greatest country in the world, a country created by OUR own forefathers and of every nation in the world combined in OUR personal heritages!

An attack on America IS an attack on the world as WE ARE the world combined in one nation! We WILL stand behind OUR country, We WILL fight to keep OUR country free, We WILL stand united as one nation made up of all nations and we WILL succeed in all we attempt to do for the betterment of OUR country! We WILL stand behind her as a nation of strong people made up of a history of strong people defending our country united and defending the freedom created for us and we WILL keep it free for all the generations to come! We WILL accomplish this at all cost as we ARE AMERICANS We have no fears and we cannot be defeated!!

Yet today many choose to bring their ethnic origins to the USA as they want for their families all that is good and America was created by our forefathers for them as well as for us who were born here..and May God Bless them for that!

America IS the world in each of us! AMERICA IS ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE IN LIBERTY AND DEATH!

Give me your tired your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

God Will Bless America!

We may not like the thought of war, or killing, but we must also remember "leaders " like Hitler, Gadaffi, Hussen and not question for to long what is right and just, as innocent people continue to die as a result of the thinking and leadership of people like them..and allowing that to happen is as unjust as doing nothing because we don't like the thought of war or death and destruction while we sit in our tranquil surroundings..as one day they may NOT be so tranquil and by then it just might be to late to do anything to change it back!!

God Will Bless America!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: