Re: Newspaper ad about my surgeon's office!

Sun Sep 2 00:24:30 2001

Jean, This sent a chill up my spine. In 1997, a young woman died due to medical negligence. She had surgery to remove a benign cyst. One of the Drs. was on probation at the time, which the woman had no knowledge of. During the procedure, a piece of unauthorized medical equipment and a salesman were present in the O.R. There is a law in N.Y. state, which the governor signed back on Oct.6,2000, which provides the public greater access to the disciplinary histories of Drs. For N.Y. state residents, the website is http://www.health.state.ny.us The toll - free number is 1 - 800 - 663 - 6114. I don't know how many other states have laws similar to this. Millie

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jean Long To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 2:11 AM Subject: Newspaper ad about my surgeon's office!

Article in my newspaper Friday, August 31, 2001:

Doctor settles suit for $1.8 million dollars!

An orthopedic surgeon agreed to pay more than $1.8 million to settle allegations of false Medicare claims, but still denied the allegation, lawyers said Thursday.

The civil complaint from the U.S. attorney's office alleges that Dr. Robert Booth Jr. and Reconstructive Orthopedics Associates submitted false claims to Medicare for SURGERY that was PERFORMED BY RESIDENTS and fellows between 1995 and 1997 while Booth WAS NOT PRESENT.

The complaint alleges that Booth submitted claims falsely ASSERTING that HE had performed the surgery.

=20

--

This is the doctor's office where I had my surgeries last year just not that particular doctor. But then "who knows who really did the terrible job on my surgeries which only added to my pains instead of making me better??!?

Sure makes you wonder what is going on in the operating room!!

Jean

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: