Home from surgery with Dr. Redwine

Mon Aug 27 15:40:58 2001

It's three and one half weeks since my surgery and I am now back to work at my computer. Surgery with Dr. Redwine in Bend, Oregon went very well. He found what he termed minimal adhesions in three places. Two on my bowel and one where my gall bladder had been previously removed because of adhesions. He also removed a small patch of endometriosis. The only complication is my bellybutton incision is still draining. I am on my third round of antibiotics. It is finally slowing down so I hope this will be the last of it.

Sadly, the surgery has not helped my nausea. He told me to wait at least five weeks to make any judgments, but I think it was unsuccessful for my current problem. I am afraid I now have to face the fact that I have gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying). I thought adhesions were bad, but this one even tops that. I am fairly depressed about the whole thing. I am now chatting on the gastroparesis websites. There are so many sick people in this world it is unbelievable. I didn't think I could get any worse than I was with adhesions.

I had a very good experience with Dr. Redwine, his staff and St. Charles hospital. I would definitely recommend him. Dr. Redwine is an expert on endometriosis and adhesions related to endometriosis. He was very easy to talk with and answered all of my questions in a kindly manner.

St. Charles hospital is a five star facility. They gave me touch therapy before and after my surgery and let me wear music headphones during the operation. There was even a paianist and guitarist in the hospital lobby. I was very well cared for. I would definitely go back there if I had to.

Thank you all so very much for your support and caring. It helped me more that I can tell you. If you want to know anything more about my experience I will be glad to answer your questions. If you happen to know anything about gastroparesis, I'd be thrilled to hear it.

Best regards. Hope you are well.. Mara Sides msides@pcsun.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: