Re: Hard times

Tue Aug 14 05:03:26 2001

Hi Marianne. As you can see, I'm really slow at answering posts. It's just after 5:00 AM and I've been up since 4:00 as I couldn't sleep. I think I'm trying to get an intestinal blockage. I've had a lot of abdominal and rectal pain lately and my bms look like they've been pressed flat. I am having trouble going too and I didn't used to have any trouble at all till this past week. I went to the doctor yesterday and he wants me to have a colonoscopy next week. I have surgery on my toe day after tomorrow so he wants to wait till after that. He also wants me to start antidepressants (I wonder why - since I just started bawling while sitting in his office). I'm usually a very happy person, but it's been all downhill since my Hysterectomy almost 2 years ago. It's hard NOT to be depressed when you hurt all the time and it gets worse instead of better. I guess I don't have to tell anyone on this list about that though! You're very young to be going through all of this. I should feel very fortunate that I didn't start this nightmare till I was almost 50. I turned 50 in January. I've never been vain about my age and it's never bothered me before, but somehow the sound of 50 really sucks. I guess it's that change in decades. My oldest daughter just turned 29 and she thinks she's old already! My poor husband listens to me and is always sympathetic, but I get so tired of hearing me start to whine everytime I open my mouth even when I vow not to say anything. It's hard not to talk about how you feel when you feel bad all the time. I sometimes feel sorrier for him and my daughter having to listen to me than I do for me. I still wish I could live with the surgeon who did this to me for a few months just so I could make his life a living Hell! Rosie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "marianne bolding" <ojowojo@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 1:40 PM Subject: Re: Hard times

> Rosie, where do you live? I'm 32 and can't have
> children. I very much enjoy the wisdom of my elders
> and age has never represented itself to me in any way
> as being a hinderence. People can relate to anyone if
> they choose to do so and have respect for people in
> general, and if as people we all never forget that we
> never stop learning...old from young and young from
> old. Everyone has something to offer. How is your
> hubby handling all this? I used to talk my hubbys ear
> off about everything I was learning. Think I drove
> him wacko. Love, Marianne
> --- Rosie <kandleglo@email.msn.com> wrote:
> > Marianne I wish I had a support network here too.
> > It's so hard to hurt and
> > even worse when you feel alone with it. I live out
> > in the country and see
> > noone but the coyotes for days at a time somedays.
> > By the time my husband
> > gets home from work I'm usually hurting and he gets
> > to bear the brunt of me
> > talking about it as other than the messages on this
> > board I have noone to
> > talk to about the pain, & fear either. It would be
> > so nice if they had more
> > local support groups for this so people could share
> > face to face. It sounds
> > like many of you are very young too. It must be so
> > much harder when you are
> > young and have children to care for too.
> > Rosie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: