Re: Marianne from Sally

Tue Jul 31 22:49:38 2001

How ambarrasing for me...what does Machiavellian mean? That's a term I've never heard used before. I work for a local High school as the Dir. Asst. of Finance...school budgets. Where will we spend the governements money in our school?...that includes groundskeeping, to teachers needs, salaries, to education, student trips and sports, on and on and on. They've moved my office while I was away. My problem is I'm in the middle of a feud between principal and my director...they dislike each other very much. The principal wants to spend the buget however he wants...does't want to requisition us so we can get P.O.'s...without a P.O. the main office won't pay the expenditure...the principal refuses to do it the right way...so my director refuses to assist him...I'm in the middle because the principal tries to get things through me and my director gets mad at me. They both will tell me privately that I'm your boss, don't listen to him...listen to me. They are driving me crazy...all I want is to service our students...make sure their needs are met...that's all I keep telling them both. Since I won't side...they both seem bitter towards me. I never know what to do anymore. The woman who sent the certified "you will be terminated letter" apologized for threatening me today...said she was following policy...~I touched her arm softly and said..."Well, I called the main office when I received the certified letter and that isn't policy...but, I forgive you anyway". I told her to read the pre-operative report and doctors paperwork I brought in so she could learn about what I've been through and still go through. I was so regular with bowel movements...now, it's been 2 days...I'm afraid to take any form of a supplement because I'm afraid it'll hit me at work. I already spend the day constantly belching and holding my side...brought in my heating pad, too. I just found out that an upper GI doesn't show ulcerative colitis...so why did doc give me pills for ulcers if he doesn't want to run the right test to back it up? There seem to be alot of flakey people all over this world lately. They build your trust, promise the world, and then let you down and betray you...even family...but, to he** w/these people...I'll vent and I won't let them touch my spirit. I keep saying "Seperate the pain from myself"..."I am strong-willed" Self talk stuff...maybe you should do this and you'll get through the t.v. crew interview. I'm sorry you are not feeling well still. It's such a challenge to do things that are stressful when you are so ill. Try not to give in...I'm trying (with many expletives LOL)...sorry so long...but, under so much pressure right now... Love, Marianne --- Sally Grigg <lostcst@mcn.org> wrote: > Dear Marianne, That's very funny when you think
> about it. Are they planning
> something very Machiavellian, I wonder. What do you
> do for work, by the way?
> Maybe you already posted it already but I have a
> mind like a sieve, all holes.
> We've got a film crew coming here and that's just
> one more reason to be
> nervous. I can't sem to get into my walking program,
> everytime I try it hurts
> so much, I just lay back down, but I know I
> shouldn't. My husband wants me to
> start running. LOL. Love, Sally