Sally -Re: Lisa,how are you/surgery?

Sat Jul 28 21:33:19 2001

Sally, Thanks a bunch, this is what I posted yesterday. Talk soon. Lisa Hi Everyone! Im back. Well first of all thank you all for your prayers during my surgery. Im here with what I guess is good news. When they "opened me up" they only found ONE adhesion around my belly button (which I did have alot of pain) from. They found scaring on my bowel, but only minor. So, I guess what they are saying is that my last lysis of adhesions (Sep 00) worked! The problem - Im still in pain and nauseas! What they did find was that the right ovary ususally has two blood supplies, the fallopian tube (which it was) and a ligament. The ligament is missing which they believe is causing the pulling sensation. I was too out of it to really have any sort of conversation with Dr. Palter (this all came from my mothers conversation with him). So In two weeks I have my stitches out and then we talk further. He told my mother that he thought if the ovary seems to be the source of pain then we may need to look at removing it, but he wanted to try and save it. He also said that many people have residual pain for lengthy periods of time after lysis of adhesions, so I could be in pain from my last surgery still. Have any of you ever heard of this?

This has left me with quiet a predicament. This pain was identical to the pain I had before my last surgery - so was the pain I was feeling then due to all the adhesions they removed in September or something else? Also, the last surgeon said my fallopian tube and ovary were "destroyed" so why is it that Dr. Palter (a reproductive endo) thinks differently? Now, like I said Ive yet to talk to him yet, so I still have questions to ask. I am concerned as to where the pain is coming from and if my reproductive organs are fine (which I would be greatful for) then why did the other surgeon tell me for the past 10 months that it would be nearly impossible for me to have children naturally. It leaves me feeling as if a whole new can of worms has been opened and now its figuring it all out (which i thought the surgery would do).

Anyhow, so Im confused and looking forward to getting question answered from Dr. Palter. To anyone interested in surgery at Yale I would reccomend it. I am in almost no pain compared to my last operation here in NY. Now yesterday I had 3 injections of morophine and 1 toradol but am now taking percocet. After my last operation I couldnt move for almost 1 week!!!!

So again thank you for your prayers. I guess I was a success story last september after all, now why though am I still in pain???

Thank you. Lisa

--
Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next message: Helen Dynda: "Lifecore Schedules September FDA Dispute -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Resolution Panel" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Previous message: Karla: "Re: Karla & Lesa- Happy Birthday!" Next in thread: marianne bolding

At Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Sally Grigg wrote: > >Dear Lisa, Is your surgery over. How did it go? I know it will be awhile >before you're able to e-mail. It's such an ordeal And if you haven't had it >yet, forget what I just said. It's a piece of cake. Prayers and blessings for >you, Sally >

--
Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: