Re: Prevention

Sun Jul 22 18:16:09 2001

Kathy...for me...I have found that increasing water to 8 glasses a day helps...and when I cramp up I drink a full glass...I have tried something new which is walking (1/2 mile to start with) a half hour after I eat dinner helps releive a little of the bloating...and after reviewing my diet...I realized that I never really got enough fiber in my whole life...usually was getting 10gms a day....the nutrional consumption for a healthy bowel is 25-30gms. a day...so, if you choose the low-fiber diet...you should use a supplement if you don't reach at least 20gms. a day. The more fiber...the more water to help with the intestinal cleaning. Some can't do a high fiber diet...but, you can easily find out if you were ever getting enough by reading the nutrition labels on the food you eat. Stretching helps pull the scar tissue from my surgeory...(I know it can't reach deep inside...but, I wonder about right at the surgeory sight where they put your holes.). I no longer drink coffee, soda...diet has helped me immensely. Everyone is different...so these are just merely the techniques that seem to be helping myself. I wish you continued prevention and a healthy body. Love, Marianne Bolding --- Kathy <anonymous@medispecialty.com> wrote: > Just returned from a hospital stay for my third
> visit in 2 1/2
> years.ions. Luckily no surgery this time but that
> horrible NG tube is
> almost worse than the surgery. Is there any other
> solution than an NG
> tube?
>
> I have read that a low fiber diet can help. I will
> try that. Is there
> any way to help a blockage self-dissolve while one
> is at home instead of
> going on a stomach pump?
>
> Are there any preventions other than diets, such as
> stretching or laying
> down during an episode. I have heard stress is a
> factor, is that true.
> I have low blood pressure 118/78.
>
> In this day and age of genome research certainly the
> cause of the
> formation of these adhesions will be discovered.
> I'm afraid to go to
> away from my home city for fear I will have a
> problem. I'm basically
> very afraid.
>
> Can anyone add some comments. Does anyone have any
> doctors that have
> lots of experience in this in Northern California.
>
> --
> Thanks, Kathy
>
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: