Re: Senna Warning!

Sat Jul 21 13:27:22 2001

Lynda, I agree with you...when you gotta go you gotta go, and need to do whatever you can to accomplish this. I switched to the Herb-lax about 15 years ago because none of the others worked anymore. I had built up a tolerance to Exlax, Senokot and many others which I was previously taking once a week (only went once a week).

My doctor did inform me about the senna back then, which I hadn't been aware of when I first started the Herb-lax. I "need" the stimulant so I had no choice regardless.

With the Herb-lax I can take them "every day" instead of living in the bad cramps for 6 days a week as I did with the others. They also keep working, unlike the others. I just recently tried Exlax again for a change of pace and after only 3 doses within 3 weeks they already no longer worked for me, even increasing to 3 tablets instead of 2! In the 15 years I increased the Herb-lax slowly from 4 a night to 10 as things got more difficult, but that is over a period of time of 15 years and at least they still work, so I don't have many options, as I am sure others on here also don't.

It is good if everyone knows this also can be bad for you and cause dependency so we appreciate the warning though. JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 1:56 PM Subject: Re: Senna Warning!

Thank you for reminding us that herbs have side-effect and the potential for complications, just as traditional meds do.

The main reason I rely on any product, whether it is herbal or traditional, is because I really need help. I think that is the case with many of our "regular" posters. Personally I can't stand to take anything, herbal or traditional. But when I really think I have to use something, I weigh the pros and cons of what is available, make my decision and go from there.

Hope you all have a super, pain-free weekend!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: