Re: Adhesions

Thu Jul 19 19:40:33 2001

Do you know where your adhesion was located? I didn't get my follow-up till 12 days after my surgeory...the intense pain (feeling worse than before surgeory) was still there...everyone at the sight said to give it time after surgeory for the gases and abdominal bloating to go down...it has taken three weeks to somewhat get my bowel movements regulated...didn't have any for quite a while after surgeory...the anesthesia took almost 2 weeks to wear off. It's a terrible pain recuperating from surgeory...I think it really depends on how much adhesion removal was involved and it's location. I have been told today that drs. can not do another surgeory to check whats wrong until the body heals...which usually takes 6 months...Bev Doucette who does volunteer work with adhesion patients gave me this info...so, I believe it to be quite reliable...have you checked a Dr. Wisemans sight? it is @http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/features/wiseman/wiseman_adhesions.htm..............there is alot of info on this site about adhesions and the pain...also the international adhesions society has a quilt with over 100 womens stories and dealing with their adhesions...it is a very informative sight. I hope that your pain will subside...and now that you have support here on this website. All my best to you...Marianne Bolding --- Liz <lizhelzer@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, I'm new here. I just found the
> site. I have a question
> for anyone that's willing to answer. Approximatley
> one week ago I had a
> laproscopy, the dr. found adhesions, and removed
> them, or at least that
> is what I have been told. I haven't had a chance to
> talk to him yet. My
> question is. Is is common to have the same kind of,
> and amount of pain
> I had prior to my surgery. It is really starting to
> depress me. I have
> never had this kind of constant chronic pain. I'm