Re: Your adhesions are worse than mine

Wed Jul 18 22:55:35 2001

It was me...and I disagree with you...there are different levels of problems and some are worse than others. The adhesion pain in one area of the body may not be as severe as in another area. If someone has gone through this 30 times and someone else once...what they're going through had to be at a different level. There is different levels of pain. IE: if someone is in a wheelchair they're ability to walk is more of a challenge than my ability to walk. It isn't used in the term to make someone feel any less than the other. If someone spent 20 years suffering for a diagnosis of adhesions, it is worse than spending a year. It is more of a mental challenge...why would you be offended, if the intended person who receives it is not offended? There "ARE" people who suffer worse than I on this board. If you are hungry...it is not the same as someone who is starving. Yes, I had a spontaneous adhesion, yes, it was painful, yes I still suffer problems...is it the same as suffering for the past 20 years...no...I just don't think so. Does it mean I don't belong here...no...who's to say that down the line.... Let's everyone stop picking little details out of these wonderful e-mails we send to each other...noone is out to hurt anyone or out to make anyone feel less. We are all just people dealing the cards we were dealt. Another reason why I probably use this term alot is due to the fact I spend so much time talking about my problems...it was/is my way of letting the intended recipient know that I am not naive to their pain and don't mean to be selfish. Was there not a better way for you to word your "Give me a break!!!" attitude. Your e-mail really hurts my feelings. --- mm.hammond@att.net wrote: > I have read something on this list that has really
> disturbed me. It was not a one time thing...but
> something that I have heard repeatedly of late and
> it
> really bothers me to read it. What is it you ask?
> People keep saying...."I know your problems are much
>
> worse than mine" or "Your adhesions are worse than
> my
> adhesions." Give me a break!!!! No one on this
> list
> should feel any less than the next person. Our
> problems
> are all equal here! Everyone needs the love and
> support
> just as badly and to the same degree as the next
> person. Sure, there are some days when someone just