MARIANNE: Spontaneous Adhesions

Wed Jul 18 16:47:10 2001

Dear Marianne:

I'm, not sure what you mean by "spontaneous adhesions". My problems stemmed from an appendectomy gone wrong 39 years ago. I have scar tissue running from about 1" below and to the right of the navel to just above my pubic bone, and the surgery report from the exploratory in March 2000 says "dense adhesions from the old appendectomy scar:. Apparently he found adhesions from the navel to the pubic bone connecting the peritoneum and omentum to the bowel and intestines, with some involvement of the tubes and bladder. Whereas the surgeon who did the exploratory was a gynecologist, he did not feel comfortable dealing with the adhesions involving the bowel and intestines, but did cut the ones involving the tubes and the bladder.

My story and a pic with my Other Half and step son is on the quilt - look under Nancy E. Hale, New Brunswick, Canada. I'm 42, and no longer able to work because I am having difficulty with pain and numbness in both legs - can't guarantee that when I try to stand up I'll stay on my feet. Thank God for thick carpeted floors *grin*. I've learned how to fall so I bounce rather than bruise.

Hoep today has been a pain-free day for someone out there. Sure hasn't been in this neck of the woods.

Nancy in NB

ICQ #9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: