Re: Catherine- newbie needs help!!!

Wed Jul 18 11:37:23 2001

Catherine, Welcome to the board! It definitely could be adhesions...pelvic surgeries are the #1 cause of getting them! The doctors NEVER tell you about adhesions and act like it is a swear word! They don't like to deal with them because it is a tedious surgery, plus most of them don't think they cause pain (wrong). Another factor is that surgery on them "can" cause more adhesions.

Adhesions don't show on ANY tests generally.....occasionally a blockage of the bowel will show, but not in most cases. I had partial bowel obstructions, ovaries attached to vagina, pelvis and bowels and never showed on tests.

Get ready for a battle with doctors! JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "catherine" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:49 AM Subject: newbie needs help!!!

I have been spinning my wheels with no relief! I am a 31 yr mother who had a fourth degree tear following my child's birth. This resulted in two reconstructive pelvic surgeries. I am searching the net for answers. Maybe I have found something from this site. Is it possible that the constant pelvic pain that I experience before menstruation, during and after intercourse, bowel movements, lifting and standing could be adhesions? I have reported back to my surgeon, but he has not mentioned adhesions as a possible cause. Thank you for the great postings. I will continue to read and remain hopeful, but I am not sure how much longer I can stand the pain and disruption! Sorry so long-winded!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: