Re: Adhesions Related to Nationality??

Wed Jul 18 11:22:17 2001

Hi Lesa --

<< I was just wondering if anyone was ever told that adhesions and excess scar tissue formation is more common in people of african, hispanic and native american descent? I am part native american but am blonde with green eyes and medium complextion. I form keloids and have VERY bad adhesions. My doctor once told me that my formation of adhesions, keloids, etc. could be caused by my native american heritage. Have any of you ever heard this? >>

I've never heard of this...I know some conditions run only in certain ethnicities. Tay-Sachs among people of Eastern European/Jewish descent, Sickle Cell Anemia among people of African descent, and so on. But adhesions?? I thought the environment (poor surgical technique i.e.) might be a more significant factor than genetics/ethnicity...maybe someday they will do some research on this and figure out which people might be at greater risk for forming them.

FWIW, I have limited information on my ethcnicity as I was adopted...I do know for a fact that I have Eastern European Jewish heritage and possibly Northern European, as well. My skin is shark-belly white (OK, my summer tan resembles the color of uncooked french fries <G>). I have light brown hair (under the Shades Above <BG>) and pale green eyes. And, I have adhesions. Go figure.

Hope you are having a very good, pain-free day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"Man is born to live and not to prepare to live." - Boris Pasternak

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: