Re: Marianne

Tue Jul 17 10:23:35 2001

I NEVER drink anything carbonated and haven't been able to for about 30 years......just 2 sips will do me in for quite awhile with intense pain & bloating form gas. This is why I was very concerned with the bowel prep!

The only way I could get rid of the trapped air from the laparoscopy bowel prep (carbonated) and the air which was pumped in was with STRONG laxatives for 3 different days (like Exlax), more than normal quantity recommended in my case. It got rid of allot of gas and then hard stool, then I felt much better. I finally decided to do this several weeks after my surgery because the bloating was still VERY intense even with taking my normal 12 Herblax every night (needed a change of pace I guess). Laying on your left side to sleep also helps....and laying on a heating pad, hot water pack or bed warmer helps with this part even more.

I only drink water, iced tea and coffee.....mostly water. JEAN

"If we give all, but don't have love, we gain nothing"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "marianne bolding" <ojowojo@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 10:09 AM Subject: Re: Marianne

carbonated drinks are too painful for me...that's a given...I used to drink almost a two liter every day...it's been 4 weeks since I haven't had a single drop....applejuice and gatorade is all the body can seem to handle. Effort...I work...so effort has been there. Without work I have no medical insurance...or I'd quit. I can't handle living like this. I appreciate your advice for the hot tea and wish you well, today. Thanks ...sorry so short...lots to do...even in pain --- Msvirgo9459@aol.com wrote: > Dear Marianne,
> Tinky is correct I think. After Laparoscopy it
> takes some time and effort
> to get rid of the bloating affect stay away from
> carbonated drinks and rock
> in a rocker or walk off the gas Hot Tea may help
> too. Take it easy . Hope you
> get better soon.
> Lillian
>

Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: