??????

Sun Jul 15 19:45:46 2001

To everyone, you are all so wonderful for providing me (and others) so much advice about heating pads...I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. I did not sleep at all last night. 17 days after laparot. and now I'm back to sleeping on my left side. Why?...I don't know...with acidophilus I have had a daily bowel movement...small baby stool and a lot of work. My doctor said I should be 100% better. He said I should have been better within 3-4 days....wish he were me during this time...maybe he'd believe me more. I seem to be having a problem with belching from the minute I wake up to the time I go to bed. It happens with water, applesauce, gatorade...there is no rhyme or reason...my stomach has been bloating to the point of looking pregnant...mostly after food...any form of...I feel constipated, yet I shouldn't. I feel full even if I don't eat all day. It was the first time I had ever had surgeory...we were checking for endo...and instead of endo it was adhesion involving the intestine...I feel that this is some other intestinal problem...gallbladder...something....has anyone had symptoms like this shortly after surgeory involving their intestine?...my OB doc has provided me with no help...just that I should be better. These symptoms are not in my head, I can't cause myself bloating like this. The stomach seems so active...my pain is all over...it's most tender on the left side mid-abdomen...not so much where my pain was before (my pain before was lower left pelvic area...as my ovary was involved. I have been released to go back to work tomorrow and frankly, I'm scared I won't sleep tonight, and that it'll take me hours to function abdominally and bowel wise tomorrow...I feel I'll need to be up by 3AM to make it to work by 7. If you've had problems with your gallbladder, kidney, liver, pancreas, or appendix....can you tell me if this sounds like any of that...my bro had his appendix out, my father his gallbladder (which gangrened and almost killed him)...I have a gastro appt to set with my PCP tomorrow after work and I want to know all the possibilities....drs. make me nervous and I always forget what I want to say...for fear they'll belittle me in some way...so, I have written a pain log as suggested by Helen's e-mail. Lot's of good info. Janet---You go girl...we are all so proud of you. Sally---feel better, too....everyone..."pain-free to you". Curiousity....if you could go back to the first time you had adhesion removal...would you do it again? It seems so many of you suffer more because of surgeory...if it weren't for bowel blockage...I'd have lived with my pain...knowing what I know now. Marianne

Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: