Re: Amy

Mon Jul 9 18:12:53 2001

Amy, Where are you from, and who is your daughter's doctor? I am just curious since we are always looking for more doctors who believe adhesions cause pain and try to help us. Maybe you already mentioned this before but due to my bad-pain days lately I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts. JEAN

"If we give all, but don't have love, we gain nothing"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy" <adkramer@mediaone.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 6:15 PM Subject: Re: Amy

Thank you so much, Marianne. It helps me to know that someone who has dealt with this problem in the past (the adhesion part, anyway) thinks that the doctor is going about it the right way. I have had so many people tell me they think I should get another opinion, etc., because the surgeon "won't do anything." It is hard to explain using my own words, translated from his... but I am confident that he is exploring every possible avenue, and that he is well aware of the amount of pain and suffering Megan is going through. Not that a 2nd opinion would be a bad thing, but honestly, as long as I feel confident in this doctor's decision making process, the aggrivation of going coordinating calls, appointments, and records copied is not something I want to deal with on top of everything else at this point.

The surgeon took his time with us today in his office, before sending us over to the hospital, answering all our questions an discussion Megan's case at length, even with a waiting room full of other patients to see. He said he is well aware of the pain that adhesions cause, and said in fact that he sees many patients who have come to him from his "colleagues" who don't believe adhesions are the cause of such pain. This doesn't mean he has answers, of course.. but at least he has a sympathetic ear. I feel quite blessed to have found him for Megan. I'm also constantly told by the nurses on the Peds floor, and other doctors, what a top-knotch surgeon he is, from a skills point and a bedside manner point.

At Mon, 9 Jul 2001, marianne bolding wrote: >
>My thoughts are with you tomorrow. Your doctors sound
>like they really want to go about this the right
>way...I'm glad they are thinking about the future pain
>she could go through by just exploring her with
>50,000,000 different tests. It sounds the least
>invasive as far as moving things around in there
>unnecessarily, and risking nicking other areas. I
>hope that you agree. I hope the results are better
>than what you're hoping for. And that God will help
>keep your mind at peace as you struggle through this
>with Megan. Love, Marianne