Aw, Nancy...you make me smile!

Sat Jul 7 13:24:26 2001

Dear Nancy,

I had tears of joy reading your love story...it's amazing that your pain and running away lead you to the love of your life! What hope you bring with your message.

On a happy note. Since I moved in with my boyfriend last November, he has kept the bedroom doors closed so the kitties can't come in. Now with my new "bedroom" I can sleep with my angels again...nothing like slipping with a couple purring hearts.

Love and Hugs,

Janet

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Nancy E. Hale To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 10:46 AM Subject: Dearest Janet: Re: Moving to the basement

Dearest Janet:

You are not the first one and probably will not be the last one to have this happen. Please know that we are all behind you and here to listen when you need a shoulder.

When I first started having problems, I was in a common-law relationship. He said he understood that I was unable to do everything a "normal" person could do, but as time went on, he began to demand that I do this and that regardless of how I felt. After being diagnosed, he became more demanding and less understanding. One night I had to go to the ER, he even demanded of the doctor, who happened to be my GP, that she give me morphine to control the pain.

He seemed to have no comprehension that the pressure and demands he was making on me made it harder for me to attempt to deal with the constant pain. It got to the point that I had to "run away" from MY home in order to relax and get some control over my body. My family lives 150 miles away, and I had no vehicle and no money, so that was not an option. I began running away to my best friend's place instead.

I am one of the lucky ones. My best friend also suffers chronic pain, so he understands what it is like to try to live a "normal" life under restrictions. In the past year, he has not only become my best friend, he has also become my biggest source of support and the love of my life. He is the one who makes sure that I take my meds and get to my doctor's appointments and that I take it easy when the pain gets bad and don't try to do things that are going to make me hurt worse. I am sure that without his love and support, I would have committed suicide months ago.

We are all here for you Janet. Please remember that. Do what YOU have to do to deal with the cards you have been dealt by ARD.

Love ya bunches!

Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: