Re: Toni - bacteria, Crohn's, hot peppers and ulcers

Fri Jul 6 09:46:21 2001

The only meds she currently takes are Pepcid and Reglan, although she is also supposed to be doing Rowasa suppositories, which she has yet to try. She's now on Ultram for pain, as well. She did take Asacol awhile back, but since having an ileostomy it isn't an option for her because it is made to work in the large bowel. She was on Pentasa for a long time, and years ago did the dreaded prednisone along with multiple other drugs (I think at one time she was taking like 20 pills a day!)

Spent the night in the ER.... x-rays show distended bowel (same old loop that's always distended) but because it's not *totally* obstructed, they sent her home on pain meds and clear liquids. Poor kid hasn't been able to tolerate solid food since April, this is getting old.. we're in the old "if we operate on the adhesions, it'll just create more and make it worse" routine.. but this is getting ridiculous. When is enough enough? She's not a candidate for laproscopy because the adhesions are too extensive. I have a call in to the surgeon.

>I am sorry you said she was 17. Does she take alot of meds, my son is
>only had to be on Asacol! Great drug!!
>
>Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: