Re: HELP!!!

Sat Jun 30 10:07:46 2001

Hi Helen,

Thanks for writing. It does help to know there are other people out there who KNOW what I am going through and that I can talk to without being seen as a whiner. I guess we all have good days and bad days. Yesterday was bad. It gets really hard trying to deal with the twins and the older kids and use patience with them when I am in so much pain. Then I feel guilty when I lose it and yell at them-it's not their fault I feel so bad. Try, try, try again I guess. I live in a remote corner of Montana-the nearest city is 100 miles away. My doctor told me about one of his patients that he just performed his 17th surgery on. I think I am going to ask him for her number. I would guess the she lives not too far from here. I looked on the Quilt and there wans't anyone but me there from the state of MT. I like reading the message board. Everyone seems soooooo caring. Plus the years of experience and knowledge about this problem and other related problems is great. I can't believe how un-informed the medical community IS. It makes me angry how they don't tell you things. Very important things-like being on morphine makes you severely constipated. Anyhow-still trying to figure out why this next surgery seems to be bothering me so badly. I really thought I was used to the whole idea. After all-this is number 5 (in the last 2 years). I think maybe I was expecting to get fixed and stay fixed. I'm starting to realize that's not the way things are going to be. It's hard coming to terms with knowing you are NEVER GOING TO BE THE SAME AGAIN. It used to be a joke in the house that all the old ladies with their canes could outwalk me in a race. Now I don't find that funny anymore. I have caught myself being envious of my friends who take their kids camping, play ball with them, etc. Actually resenting them because THEY can do those things with their kids and I can't. I'm just so angry. I want to be OK. I'm tired of hurting and being a miserable grouchy person. I'm tired of the doctors being incompetent. I'm scared of what the doctor will find once he is in there. Last time none of the tests showed anything wrong, but when he opened my up there was a whole list of things wrong. This time the tests DID show there are things wrong-it makes me wonder what all he is going to find. Anyhow thanks for letting me vent a little. I don't know why-but it does seem to help. Just knowing there are other people whose lives are similar to mine. Plus all you ladies DO give me hope and courage to stay strong. Thank you, thank you. There's so many of you whose problems are worse than mine. I hear (read) what they say and figure if they can keep a good attitude-I certainly should be able to . The IAS is a wonderful thing-I'm sure it helps many people. I'ld like to do whatever I can to help with getting the medical establishment to acknowledge that having adhesions is a severe problem

in friendship, Gloria :)

Hchalm@aol.com wrote:

> Dearest Gloria:
>
> So sorry honey to hear of all the problems this horrible disease has
> caused
> you. We're hear to listen and help you in anyway that we can. I know
> how
> upset you must be now having to undergo a third adhysiolysis and the
> horrible
> pain you must be in. You've come to the right place and we'll all be
> saying
> sending our prayers your way on the 9th for a successful surgery.
> Just keep
> coming here everyday and we'll try to help you through this until your
>
> surgery. Where are you from as it helps sometimes knowing that there
> is also
> someone else close to you?
>
> Love,
>
> Helen Chalmers
> Baltimore, MD

Enter keywords: