Re: HELP!!!

Fri Jun 29 23:07:23 2001

Welcome to the board Gloria, I am sure there are plenty of people on here willing to answer any questions you have or just to vent with.

Have you read any of the stories on the quilt? It is an area where adhesion sufferers post their stories. It is at the top of the screen where the blue buttons are.....click on the "adhesions quilt". Any persons name you click on will open their story and some also have their photo included.

I can understand your nervousness about your up-coming surgery, they don't get any easier. I really hope you have a good doctor to do it.

I have had adhesion problems for at least 30 years and had 5 adhesion related surgeries.

Don't forget to add your story to the quilt when you have time. You are welcome to personally email me any time: creative@enter.net JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Gloria" <gpierson@nemontel.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 11:32 PM Subject: HELP!!!

I'm new here-although I'm waiting to have my 5th surgery in 2 years. It seems like I'm having a hard time dealing with it this time, and would really appreciate anyone who has the time to share stories, advise, frustrations, and all the joys of having adhesions (and all the problems that go with it), etc. The first time I came to this website and read some of the messages here, I was immediately in tears. It was like some of you were living MY life-the PAIN, the frustration, the self-doubt because all the doctors said it was 'in your head', the PAIN, the horrible pain(or lack of) bowel movements, the depression, the hopelessness, the PAIN!, the thousand and one tests that came back negative, etc. Right after I found this website I was finally lucky enough to find a Dr. who believed me when I said " I HURT". I assumed ( yes, I remember the saying ha, ha,), wrongly, that I would not be back here. He found a whole list of things wrong with me, adhesions had pulled my bladder out of position and was actually tearing holes in my stomach causing very slow internal bleeding. I felt so good the next day. I felt that Doctor had performed a miracle. Slowly my pain came back. It got worse by the week. I finally had to give in and when I went back to him- more tests revealed a large mass and a partial bowel obstruction. A piece of my intestines has kinked and fallen into the hole that was left from the tumor that was taken out at my last surgery. For pete's sake-didn't he realize that could happen. I sure didn't!! Anyhow-I'm scheduled for surgery on the 9th and am VERY nervous this time. I'ld really like to exchange emails with anyone who has the time. Thanks, Gloria

--
Gloria

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: