Re: Constipation

Thu Jun 28 19:29:03 2001

I use prune juice - the little cans. It works for me. I do sometimes use colace (over the counter stool softener). If I feel like a blockage event/attack is occurring, I immediately take phenerghan and torodol, go to bed with a heating bad, sip gingerale and sip orange gatorade until I pass gas and stool. I have had 3 bad and 1 so so attack since September 2000.

My surgeon at Duke told me to avoid constipation at all costs. He does not want to do a surgery on me for my adhesions because I would then have more adhesions. His feeling is that I should avoid surgery all together.

--
Cathy Barnes, Cary North Carolina

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Susan Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 7:54 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Constipation

I need to know what works for everyone to avoid constipation.I have tried Equate stool softeners and they are not very effective.Correctol hurts too bad.What about prune juice?Too much fiber?Some suggestions please.Thanks.Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: