Re: Tens Unit...Has anyone used this?

Thu Jun 28 03:45:00 2001

At Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>If you have or are using a Tens Unit, please share your experience.
Dear Helen, I have tried the TENS unit and did not find it helpful. My pain Dr. asked me to try it. It has 4 electrical probes you stick on with pads. It shoots very small electrical impulses. It is kind of like an electrical acupuncture. The cost was covered by my Blue Cross. He said if it didn't help me to return the unit and it would be given to someone who didn't have insurance. Well, when I retuned to him, and told him it wasn't helping, he didn't ask for it back, but wanted me to try another, more powerful unit. More penetrating unit. HA! What a farce. The new unit is only a fancier one and a nurse? was to come to my home to "show me how to use it." Everything is the same except this one is not covered by insurance. $150.00 per month to rent. Of course, I had to try it for 1 month. Don't want them saying I refuse treatment. I will be seeing him again on July 13th and boy, will he get an earful. I took some of the letters from the board about some of the meds everyone else is taking(oxy-contin?)...he said no way! What now?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: