Re: PLEASE...Share types of discomfort and pain that adhesions can cause...

Tue Jun 26 09:03:16 2001

OH, oh, pain, how you discomfit me, let me list the ways:

- can't hold my p. - catch in my hip - muscle cramps down my leg - spasms in my lower back - first too much sh--, then, oh then, the cramping and then - none - constant pulling, hot pain in my lower right pelvis - nausea - swelly belly - can't be preggers, nothing of THAT left in there - nagging low level all-the-time throbbing in the belly button area - need more sleep than a new-born - gain weight when you can eat (your body is in starvation mode from when you can't and sucks up every ounce of calories you choke down) - lose weight when you can't (so now 'they' think you have an eating disorder) - eternal search for a pain medication regimen that gives some kind of life

to continue with the saga, let us show the ways we pay:

- doctors telling us it's all in our heads - psychiatrists referring us back to those same doctors cause it's real - family, co-workers and friends disbelief and avoidance - continual stress dealing with uneducated ER personnel, physical therapists, etc. - phone calls, letters, e-mails to insurance carriers trying to get proper care. - depression, loss of self esteem, suicidal ideation and anti-depressants that don't do anything for the underlying cause.

Phew.....what a life!

kcmo rose

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: