Re: Mary- A rhetorical question 'If you yank on the hair of an anonymous ER nurse.....

Fri Jun 22 10:55:37 2001

Mary, Love it......very good comparisons and how very true!!!!!!! JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Wade" <acbcsrt@kansas.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 9:10 PM Subject: A rhetorical question 'If you yank on the hair of an anonymous ER nurse.....

...will it not hurt because hair has no nerve endings? Would there be no pain if you would wham her/his fingernails or toenails with a ball pein hammer because fingernails and toenails also have no nerve endings?"

Also, I am wondering what ER nurses do when patients whom they have helped to send off to the shrinky-docs come bouncing back to them from the mental health professionals with papers that show that the pain is not psychosomatic but very real? Oh...I bet I know. A referral to another shrink for a second opinion.

Will this ER nurse have to courage to read the medical literature which is referenced on this site? That's supposed to be his/her professional "home"...the science of all this.

--
Mary Wade

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: