Re: Upper G.I. Series with small bowel follow-through

Thu Jun 21 21:11:53 2001

At Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Millie wrote: >
>This morning I had the upper G.I. series with the small bowel follow-through, which meant that I had to drink the barium sulfate mixture. About 2 bottles. I was having trouble moving my bowels before, but now it's worse than ever. I took 2 Tablespoons of milk of mag around 1 p.m.
>Then I just took 2 more tablespoons . Both times, I mixed it with water. The barium is so thick that it doesn't want to move. I pass some gas, but have a worse bellyache.
>I cannot tolerate enemas, so what else can I do???
>I am so scared, and so uncomfortable. Just the problem I didn't need to go with adhesions.
>Please help!!!!
>Thanks.
>Millie

Millie, Hello, I had that test 2 years ago, and they told me all I could do was DRINK DRINK DRINK! They told me to force tons of water!! Are you doing that? I hope this test shows something to explain your trouble. I had alot of pain today too, I took 4 senekot last night, and I did go this morning, but around 3:00 I had a VERY hard pain in the area of the bowels, and I had to go again, it hurt so bad I tink the senekot is not helping the painI am having with it, but at least I do go MOST of the time as long as I take a few of them.

TOni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: