Re: I wouldn't want the ' anonymous ' nurses job for nothing!!

Wed Jun 20 16:58:42 2001

Bev,

I had to laugh as I was responding to "Misinformed's " comments. I realized just how ignorant this person was and just how educated we had all become. It was rather enjoyable responding to someone who considers themselves a medical proffessional. Whether she is around to read our responses or not...it was still worth the effort and time spent.

Lynda,

I don't care for reese's pieces. My new addiction is Lifesaver's Gummy Savers....the berry flavors. Every time I go to the store I buy all that they have.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bev" <bnb@new.rr.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 4:07 PM Subject: I wouldn't want the ' anonymous ' nurses job for nothing!!

> An open letter to all my sister and brothers of ARD! > Allow no one to pull you down, darken your days or gain your negative > attention! You have enough to deal with without allowing another person > in the medical society to dampen your spirits on YOUR OWN society, how > dare she! > > You get enough of that same crap when you do have to go see HER in the > emergency room..and trust me on this one my friends..THIS nurse works in > almost every Dr.'s office and medical facility any of us has ever been > to, or will have to go to one day..LOL! > > May we rise above anger or frustrations not of our own making and > instead fill ourselves with the joy that TODAY "WE" do infact posses the > knowledge that everything we suffer in living wth ARD IS very real and > WE know why we suffer what we suffer...and it IS very real! If WE did > not have the IAS, each other and those within the fields of science, > research, AND many within the medical field opening doors for us to > educate ourselves, well, this nurse might be all we have going for us!! > OUCH! Talk about an ARD sufferer being lucky how would you like THAT > thought on top of ARD! LOL! > Everything this nurse is convinced is not real in ARD has simply passed > her by as she is way to busy to see what new things the world of > medicine opens up each and everyday.. > > Being a nurse myself, I am so relieved that I have never been in the > position this nurse has placed upon herself, or thinks has been placed > on her! Which ever... > > It is obviouse to all who suffer the very painful and debilitating > symptoms of " Adhesion Related Disease " that this nurse offered an > opinion based on her understanding of ARD. More,her LACK of > understanding of ARD. This type of "smoking screening " comes from a > severe lack of education and awareness of ARD within her nursing > practices. This lack of education and awarenes makes her oan UNinformed > and INeffective medical "proffesional" with an opinion on something she > knows nothing about..so that actually would make her an uneducated, > ineffective opinionated unproffesional! Yeah, thats more like it! > To "define" that statement: > An UNinformed and INeffective medical " unproffesional" is one who does > not pursue continueing education enough to keep themselves aware of new > technologies that are acurring within the medical arena everyday, being > illiterate to the many progressive medical techniques that are radidly > changing within her field of choice and unfortunately, as is obvious in > this " nurse's " letter, she is profoundly unaware of research advances > and constantly newly discovered diseases! Yup..that defines her alright! > > Now, on to more of my observations of her letter, as I think she was > looking to educate us pathological liars here on the IAS..:-) > > We all know that nurses and Dr.'s are NOT required to complete any > continueing education courses or study of current sciences within the > medical field, as is evident from her letter here, so we do have THAT > issue confirmed now by a person within the medical field itself, so we > have THAT going for us know! LOL! WE all know this from experience as > well, but it shows us that many nurses within the proffession still have > a way to go in offering quality nursing interactions with their > patients. Nurses like THIS one offer trusting patient's unfortunate > experiences, to say the least! > > A medical care provider who is uneducated in recent medical discoveries > and their treatments is actually dangerous to a patient to be sure..but > the world is filled with them and NOT all persons within the medical > arena are closed minded and opinionated on subjects they know nothing > about..and if you re-read her letter, it is almost funny to think that > she thinks she is telling us something profound when all she > accomplished was to make herself standout foolishly and very uneducated > to say the least! > > It is sad for me to see a person of my proffession take such a harsh > stand on a subject she knows nothing about and even sadder that she had > an opinion on it! > > I am so blessed as a nurse, not to have to be like this nurse, as she > has obviously elceted herself to be the " Judge and Jury " of all > persons who suffer here on earth! A day doesn't pass me by that I don't > count another blessing!! LOL! > > With an assignment of this magnitude, she IS to busy to secure further > education that might broaden her horizons within the medical field and > possibly actually HELP a suffering person through a crisis..she can't do > that, she is busy " stumbling " around the wide world of the net finding > medical problems to judge, add THAT to her having to perform those same > duties in a medical facility on top of it! Blows my mind to think how > hard she works.. > Now that she has the IAS covered, she is probably stumbling over to the > "AIDS " group and slashing them with her profound wisdom as medical > judge & jury..something like this: > " All YOU people with AIDS are homosexuals and come in to the ER looking > for attention and sympathy because your going to die! Well, WE have no > time for you as it would be a waste of our time to treat you anyway > because your dying anyways and its your own fault! " > Then she can move on to the " Cirrosis of the Liver " group! Picture > this one, > " All of you are yellow from poisoning your livers from drinking to much > and you want to come into OUR emergency room for treatment so you can > live longer and go drink more..WE know all cirrosis is from alchoholism, > WE are not > stupid! > Oh oh, here comes a lady with "CPP"..chronic pelvic pain! And here comes > the judge!! " What do YOU want in here? " WE all know that you people > who complain of pelvic pain are all premiscouse and if you didn't fool > around so much you would have those pelvic problems! " What?" "I don't > care if your a nun, I KNOW what I am talking about, it's MY job as a > nurse to express my opinion on what I know even if I don't know it and > just think I know it..it's called TEACHING if you didn't know!!" > > I can understand angry reactions to this person and her harsh opinion of > the sufferrings of ARD, but I have to shake my head in saddness at the > reality of what she really represented in her most lacking > communication, what she did say was actually not what she wanted to say > at all..not at all! She didn't tell an ARD sufferer anything they were > not acutely aware of within much of the medical society in responding to > an ARD sufferer seeking medical intervention and understanding! What she > DID accomplish in her letter was to substantiate what we knew to be true > within much of the medical community..they don't have a clue about ARD! > > Her letter DID say a lot of true things actually..let me translate her > letter for you this time though... > Her letter here is telling the WORLD what WE, who suffer the pain, > indignities and disabling affects of ARD, have been trying to say all > along! There exists a serious lack of effective, informed and quality > medical intervention within the medical society today for ARD! She also > spoke volumns that showed just how little awareness and education of ARD > actually exists within the medical society! Her words clearly show a > great deal of frustration in her being put upon by a person who > complains of pain yet shows none of the symptoms she has been trained to > respond to, if you don't see it, hear it or feel it, it cannot possibly > exist..closed minded? Yes, it IS closed minded for sure..they choose NOT > to learn something new that simply might be real enough to make a > difference in another persons life, and in this proffesion, that would > mean the life of a sufferring human being! To be closed minded in this > proffesion is one really dangerouse trait to be sure! They are closed to > being progressive, and they stumble around on the net looking for ways > to make themselves feel good, strong, intimidating, better then thow > attitude,it's easy to be a bully, and the words of this nurse, as > written in her letter on the IAS, if written in a chart or spoken to a > patient in her medical facility, would csonstitute abuse and > deiralection of proffesional duty! > > In MY opinion, she appears to be non-progressive in her field. She > really presented herself as lacking in her awareness of this disease, of > her unwillingness to learn about it, to understand it so that she might > offer someone who presents with these symptoms a positive experience > with her as their nurse, she showed a serious lack of compassion for the > suffering of our world, she does not exihibit the ability to be > effective in helping a patient who unfortunatly would be assigned to her > care, she appears to be uwilling to use this sight as a mode of self > education and betterment of her proffesion, she represents a lack of > medical knowledge and compassion to touch the lives of sufferring people > in a positive way, and it cannot be just the suffering of ARD patients > she deals harshly with, I am of the opinion she treats all people , ill > or not ill, in this manner! > If we, on the IAS site, think we have been judged harshly by her in our > suffering of ARD, and we have, lets take a look at one last patient > encounter with her...I think we will see that being "stumbled " on by > this nurse is better then an actual encounter WITH NJJ,( Nurse, Judge & > Jury ) > > Lets see who is coming into NJJ's emergency room now! > The para-medics are bringing in a man who lives on the streets, has > apparent psychological issues, very poor hygeine, hasn't eaten for days, > has open sores covering his body, suffers from post tramatic stress > syndrome as the result of serving in the armed forces of our country, he > is screaming and combative as he is still fighting the war in his mind, > has no job or money, missing teeth and bleeding gums, tracks on his > forearms from shooting up, obviously missing a leg, but what happened to > it may never be known, he screams he is in pain, but pain is subjective, > he screams he wants to die, to be left alone, ...and if you think he has > it bad now..look who just walked into his room with her clip board > a..Nurse Judge and Jury!! > > If she hasn't accomplished anything else in her letter to the IAS..she > HAS written a beauty for me to add to our National Press Kit, > information packettes to the Surgeon General, to the Dept. of the > United States Health and Human services and everyone else who will be > confronted with the awareness that indeed this mindset against an ARD > sufferer exists within the medical community today..she said it all and > said it well! > > Why not print out her letter to take with you into any medical > appointment you have regarding your ARD symptoms and IF you receive this > type of care from a nurse there..show them you have the letter they > wrote to the IAS ?? LOL! > > Education of ARD for YOUR medical care provider is paramount in > overcoming this type of injustice within our medical society today! > Demand their time in discusssing all your issues and questions and > demand they explain everything to you that you have asked them, know > what to expect from them by educating yourself and being an informed > consumer, because if YOU don't, do you really think THEY will be? > > To laugh at her letter is the ultmate putdown of her passing herself off > as a nurse and the only response she deserves for her hiddious > presentation of herself as a nurse! Shame on her...a wanna be to be > sure!! > LOL!! LOL!! > By now she is stumbling through the Wild World of the Internet and will > never be back to even read our responses to her after all, she has a > whole world to judge.... > As a sicko though, she may be feverishly checking back into OUR IAS site > to get her high off upsetting suffering people...either thing isn't > worth our time and what energies most of you have left to expend..don't > expend it on something like her ! > > Peace and blessing to all of you always.. > Your sister in ARD.. > Beverly >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: