Re: adhesions and bloating..

Wed Jun 20 13:55:05 2001

At Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Belinda wrote: >
>I was just wondering if anyone out there who has problems with adhesions
>has ever had a problem with bloating also.
>I have had several surgeries in the past and adhesion removal. I am
>having pain, pretty severe again now. I have an appointment to go to
>the doctor who will hopefully do the removal of what I am sure are
>adhesions again. Since I had my last adhesion surgery in Feb of 1997 I
>have alwasy had a problem with bloating. I just always assumed it was
>something to do with it, the adhesions or whatever. Well it has gotten
>pretty bad, we are talking up to 4 inches. My stomache can actually
>measure up to 4 inches different in a matter of one day. I look like I
>am 3-4 months pregnant. Is there any one else who has had this problem
>or does it seem that I also have another issue going on. I think that
>my bladder might be involed this time as well as the colon and
>intestines. I have started to have a NEW type of pain in the last 2 to
>3 weeks. If I go to the bathroom every hour I can keep the pain
>severity down a bit. It is almost like a pressure on the bladder. The
>pain is also not only in the lower right quad now it is starting to
>shoot up the middle just to under the rib cage.
>Any suggestions would be appreciated..
>thanks,
>Belinda

Yes, Belinda, I have experienced bloating as well. Once, I was in the office and had been told by my physician to increase my fiber intake. Metamucil was suggested along with plenty of soft fruits and vegetables. Well, this particular day I snacked on raw carrots at my desk. I thought I was seeing things.After snacking on about a dozen baby carrots, I could feel and visualize my abodomen swelling. I thought I was runner up for the GOODYEAR BLIMP. I am also preparing myself to have my adhesions lysed again. I had it done about 4 years ago, and I am currently experiencing alot of pulling, cramping, and intermitten bowel evacuation issues.I'm physically tired, because my body has been consistently fighting the pain for about a week now. I always have a tender spot in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. If someone touches, or heaven forbid my physician presses on the area in question, I shriek in pain. My mother has suggested water before a meal, and daily prune juice. I try to drink alot of water. I've also noticed when I am consistently walking, I seem to have fewer symptoms. Sometimes, know matter if I've eaten correctly, gotten my exercise and gotten sufficient rest(off my feet), I still have a flare up. That is what is so darn frustrating. Sometimes it appears that you cannot minimize the symptoms. I wish someone could give us a roadmap on dealing with adhesions. Hang in there. God has not brought us this far to leave us now. I'm so happy that I found this site, to see that other people are having issues, and that I am not a "neurotic" as some of the medical professionals have suggested.

Diane

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: