I'm not alone!

Wed Jun 20 11:56:08 2001

What a wonderful site this is. I have suffered with adhesions for many years. I have had several abdominal surgeries in the past, in 1998 I went in for a "regular" lysis of adhesion surgery and during the surgery the doctor nicked my bowel in several places, I ended up having three surgeries within three weeks and stayed in the hospital for over 8 months. During the eight months, I had many complications, infections, additions...etc. It's been two years since my release from the hospital and I am in pain daily...sometimes I wonder if it will ever end. I am on Vicodin ES three times a day, my doctor doesn't want me to take it forever but I cannot function without some pain medication. I have been to pain management doctors who only want to give me more and more narcotics which help the pain but put me into lala land. Reading through these message boards and seeing that there are so many others in my same situation makes me feel not so alone in this daily suffering. Thank you all for being here and sharing with us all.

--
Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: