Re: being cured brings on a whole new set of problems!

Tue Jun 12 12:12:17 2001

Joanne, A friend of mine had been addicted to her pain pills. All I know is that she did have allot more pain when she stopped them....said her body was responding to the need or want of the drugs by creating more pain.

She was in the hospital for a few days for withdrawing her from them and started going to a pain clinic in at Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, PA where they gave her non-narcotic pain relievers and also nerve block injections. Her problem was (is) with migraines. JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "joanne Thorpe" <artdesigner2@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 11:42 AM Subject: being cured brings on a whole new set of problems!

I am now 10 weeks post Germany and the pain form the nerve surgery gets better every day. However, I remain a couch potato and have no energy. Yesterday I decided that with all my blood counts back up, it must be something else and I began researching drug withdrawals. I called a Methadone clinic and spoke with a user who told me that I am indeed suffering from withdrawals. He described my symptoms exactly. What a wonderful feeling that was. I was boasting that I made it down form 6 Methadone to 1 a day but what good is it if I am confused and listless, lying around and staring at space. I quickly took two pills and within an hour I was functioning again. So now, after 3.5 years on Methadone, Neurontin, Prozac,and Dilauded (for breakthrough pain), I have a big problem. Does anyone have a suggestion? I found a clinic who does a "wash out" where they put you in a coma like state and clean you out but I need to get funding. We are truly special people and I guess I should be happy that I am cured at last of both my ailments (adhesions and the entrapped nerve) but I still am fighting for my life back. I can use any advise on this. Thanks,

--
Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: