Uncertainty Quote

Mon Jun 11 12:16:41 2001

"There's a lot of uncertainty that's not clear in my mind." - Gib Lewis, speaker of the Texas House of Representatives

This stupid quote just hit me as a truth today......maybe because I am so uncertain about whether my pain is due to adhesions coming back or not!

To all the newbies out there:

The uncertainty that goes along with this disease can be ultra-frustrating. DON'T GIVE UP!

For all the 'oldtimers': DITTO!

Why, oh, why: am i not like a butterfly? (with bright colors and flowers) do i sigh and sigh and sigh? (breathy, slow then fast) must i cry and cry? (my eyes red and sore) can't i soar and fly? (away, so far away)

Because: i am just i. (can't be anything else) i don't want friends saying goodbye. (only so much complaining can they stand) i am low and can't find high. (beaten down by pain) i am earthbound, in a muddy sty. (i don't feel angels down here)

But: i will always be i. (not such a bad thing) friends don't say goodbye. (although they might take a break) so what if i can't get to high. (contented seems doable and ok) angels aren't just in the sky. (wherever we go, so do they)

kcmo rose

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: