adoption - special needs.........my sweet Karla

Sun Jun 10 12:25:46 2001

Hey sweets, I have thought about adopting a special needs child, but my husband isn't......grrrrrrrrrr - I guess I could just do it and he would learn to love the child, but then, I would be put in "time out" lol........not a good thing to do huh? I do believe that God will answer my prayer. If not, then it's not meant to be....oh gosh, that was so hard to write. I just wrote this l-o-n-g email to you about my adoption stories and BAMB - AOL kicked me off line (what else is new) and the email was lost. DARN - all that typing too.........crud.......lol Pete, my husband, and me did go through Catholic Charities for adoption. We were one of the first 10 couples in line to adopt. When our time came for the house inspection, we were excited. First she made fun of my poor little cat we just adopted. She said he was too skinny, I explained we just had him for a week and he did put some weight on - she shook her head and wrote something in her book. Then our 2 bedroom ranch was small but quaint she said...will we be getting a larger house. We said maybe, but this house and yard is plenty for us and a child. Again, the head shook and she wrote in her book. Then, she asked about our family - when she learned that both my Dad and Pete's Dad were alcoholics, she wrote heavily and long in her book. She took a look at us and said, well, because both your Dad's were alcoholics, this means that you are too. On that note, she left and said, I'll call you. Pete and I just looked at each other, not wanting to say anything to each other in fear that we would hurt each other. Needless to say that 6 years has passed now, with no word on any adoption! One of my NH friends had a relative that was pregnant and couldn't keep the child. So she thought of us and asked if we would adopt her family members child. YES! Here was the answer to my prayers........FINALLY - during the process it was bitter sweet. I heard good things through the grapevine, then I heard she didn't really know if she wanted to give this child up. So in fear of my having the child torn out of my arms, Pete stopped the process. To this day, I feel as if this was God's gift to me because it turned out that the child was adopted out. Oh how I still cry over that one! I'm praying that the saying - never 2 without a 3rd will apply here. I've asked God for forgiveness for allowing His gift to me, to someone else. Have I held my ground then, I would be writing about my son - but nooooooooooo, I let my husband take care of it. DARN....I'm still praying to God for forgiveness............ Someday, I will be a Mother.....someday............ I love you Karla! Hugs and sweet love to you!! ~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: