Re: ADHESIONS digest 1166: re Up All Night!!!

Tue Jun 5 20:45:01 2001

To Lynda M In response to your post tonight regarding post-op pain and the effect it has had on your ability to sleep etc.......I must say, I have experienced the same thing. Just to give you a brief rundown: I had a transvaginal hysterectomy (uterus only) on Nov 1st (2000)--and due to continued pain, vomiting, weight loss etc, i had a CAT scan and they found a tumor wrapped around my small intestines (not to mention the tumor itself was bleeding internally)--but because I just had the Hys, the surgeon did not find it wise to go back in until 8 weeks post op---so on Jan 5th (2001) i had a small bowel resection----the tumor, a significant part of my small intestines, my appendix (which was inflamed) and a lot of adhesions were removed. Even after that surgery and up to the present day, I continue to experience pain on my lower right side (as i had prior to surgery)----and YES, it is worse when i am immobile (ie: after i have been sleeping or just laying down)---i am only working part-time (social worker in a hospital), so those are my better days- My off days are much worse if i stay home. Sitting down makes me hurt a lot!!! My surgeon could not find any medical reason for this, and until a month ago, i took pain meds, but i get soo nauseas, so i stopped--and just deal with the pain. (i am definitely tired ALL of the time) I started to blow this off until early april, when i began to experience bloody stools and mucous in the stools----in addition, i have a difficult time passing them even though they are soft and almost like diarhea or the opposite...days of constipation. I hate this--thought things would get much better----especially 5 months post op. well my GI is reviewing the path reports (took 3 weeks and 4 paths to determine the tumor was benign--which is strange to me) and has ordered a colonoscopy for this friday-----here we go again!! hoping for the best. Good luck to you-------Make sure you have a doc who will listen to you!! take care==== raijean (ohio)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: