Re: Karen- Help! I need answers here.

Sun Jun 3 14:05:20 2001

Karen, A GYN can operate on adhesions even if on the bowel, mine did 2 times in the past because it involved my womanly organs as well.

If it doesn't involve womanly organs you normally go to a General Surgeon or bowel surgeon. Sometimes both GYN & General Surgeon will operate as a team.

The Gastroenterologist should have at least done tests like Colonoscopy, Upper & Lower GI, sometimes Ultrasound and/or MRI. If you need a surgeon they generally refer you to one but none of mine ever did, just "drugged me".....I finally went to surgeons on my own.

Are you bleeding form the rectum or from the vagina after your bowel movement?....maybe he misunderstood where the blood was coming from since I wasn't clear on this from your post? JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 12:01 PM Subject: Help! I need answers here.

I have had 3 c-sections, 1 Lap for endo and adhesions on bowel attached to inside abdomen. Since Jan I have been sick nausea,abdomen hurts, distention been checked for gallbladder by GP tests are neg. sent to GI who did not do anything but label it IBS. Progressively getting worse,tried numerous IBS meds, no help there. Passing yellow bowel movements. Sour smelling. Problems having bowel movements, hard to get moving but soft when they happen, bleeding like a period when this happens. Lots of pressure in abdomen right now. GI sending me to GYN. My question is if the adhesions are back can my GYN take care of the adhesions are should the GI be doing this and do you think I need to get different GI? Desperate here, as I can't get in to GYN for another week and I feel the GI diagnoses is not right here. For a while I couldn't seem to have a bowel movement or pass gas but if I try real hard I sometimes can. I don't want to wait and hurt myself here but I also know the emergency room won't do anything either. Can anyone help me here? Really worried here. Karen Thank You.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: