Lynda - Re: Hip Replacement

Sat Jun 2 01:05:25 2001

Lynda, I checked last year and mine isn't a Sultzer Hip. I knew about it from the Hip Support Group. I do have all the symptoms they had with the defective one though.

I had my initial replacement in 1994. I then had it replaced again last year in July and then again in September for suspected infection, but the pain never got any better. JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 10:57 AM Subject: To Jean - Hip Replacement

Hi Jean --

<< He said it definitely is something wrong with the cup and/ or ball of the prosthesis. He said if it isn't still infected maybe my body is rejecting it.....the ortho's never even mentioned that scenario!! >>

When was your hip replacement surgery done? Please forgive me if you said this before and I should have noticed. I have a mind like a steel trap, only it's gone all rusty. :)

Sulzer, one of the manufacturers of artificial hips, had a recall on some that were done a few years back. Not sure why or about any other details, but it couldn't hurt to call your doctor and ask him about it? Unless you already know, of course.

I hope you are feeling a little better today -- am sending hugs and all good thoughts your way!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: