Re: hormones

Thu May 31 22:04:56 2001

Lisa, I don't know about the estrogen pills, but mine is in the form of a patch so it doesn't go through my digestive system to give me the constipation from calcium or other digestive problems. I don't know if calcium is in it or what.....all I know is the patch is absorbed through the skin naturally, kinda like the ovaries would do if they were there, that's why you wear it on your abdomen or lower back.

When they revised my hip-replacement last year they took it off in the OR and never put one back on and I didn't know it....oh my gosh was I a total mess!!! I was freaking out at everyone and crying all the time. Believe me the doctor remembered to put it back on next surgery (LOL)!

I think the weight gain is inevitable, it happened to me and also to people I know who aren't taking Estrogen.....take something out & get fat.....go figure! JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Palmer" <lisap@jcn1.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 7:14 PM Subject: Re: hormones

Hi Sally, I saw my PCP yesterday and asked him the same thing. He said that estrogen would not make them grow. Since my hyst. 3 1/2 years ago, I have gained more weight than I care too and I told him I was considering trying something herbal. He said I really should stay on them because of the calcium thing. I'm not real clear on the connection there, I guess there might be some in my hormone pills?? Maybe someone can clarify this for me. With the hormone pills and all the other meds, I can't drop a single pound, even with exercise and an 1100 calorie a day meal plan. One of the prescriptions he told me could account for about 20 pounds or so. Jeez, I feel like a spayed animal-big, fat, and disgusted with my appearance. Sorry about the attitude, just not having a real good day hear. My non-existent ovaries are killing me! He SAID he took them out. Hmmm Makes ya wonder! Much Love, Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: