Re: premarin, tofu, apples and chocolate

Thu May 31 21:38:20 2001

Oh Lynda.........

still getting used to the idea of loosing my ovaries...lets see it's 7 1/2 weeks since I had my ovaries taken out.....mmmm let me see how did I feel?

I remember someone here talking about diving naked face first into the snow bank outside their house to cool down! How I can relate to that one!

It is the first day of winter here in Oz....and already we have had weather close to snow....I am sleeping in a summer cotton nightie with cotton sheets on the bed. My bedroom window is open as well as the door to our ensuite, so that I get a flow thru breeze from the bedroom window through to the open ensuite window.

It's ok...Shane's teeth have stopped chattering, I doubled the quilt over his side of the bed *g*

NOw....pain verses menopause......mmmmmm well actually since I am experiencing both together, I would have to say that both are distressing, both cause sleepless nights & discomfort.

I thought about natural remedies too, after all I really believe in all that stuff, but when I had menopause symptoms 3 days after surgery & the ice I was rubbing on my body turned to water as soon as it hit my skin.....I was thrilled to be given hormone tablets! It took a couple of days & things settled down....a few weeks later we increased the dose to 2 tablets & I am now using a gel instead. It seems to be much more effective, BUT I am still suffering from the heat of my body at night. Even though I spout the use of natural remedies I lept at those hormone tablets and the gel! rofl

As far as taking the effects of menopause over the pain...actually Linda I wouldn't wish either on anyone! I find that the emotional rollercoaster, power surges (hot flashes *g*), the prospect of brittle bones etc etc etc is uncomfortable & just as confronting as pain can be.

Whether we are experiencing pain or the effects of menopause the challenge is to stay positive, not let it rule our lives, learn to adjust to the demands of the condition etc etc

I am much more comfortable now, I have the tears under control, which means I am back to handling my pain better on an emotional level too. So once I have my hormone levels on an even kilter, I will start researching the natural therapies etc, not before, because the two together (pain & menopause) are just too difficult to cope with.

My pain today is a little better too, and I know that getting better and bringing my pain level down to an acceptable level is going to take time.......so my friend my arms are wrapped around you....feel them? sending you huge hugs, hoping for you and me pain free days soon :-)

love, hugs & cheers, Jo

At Thu, 31 May 2001, Lgapmon@aol.com wrote: >
>In a message dated 05/31/2001 12:50:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>mkmurray@cyberport.com writes:
>
><< The Physicians Assistant that I go to told me that hormones are very bad
>for
> you, that they are made out of horse urine for one and they do strange
> things to your body >>
>
>Premarin is made of Pregnant Mare Urine. Bleah, I can't even go there.
>
>I already decided if the ovaries had to go, I will grin and bear it til the
>menopausal episodes are done. Some foods help with hot flashes etc.
>including tofu.

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: