Re: hormones

Thu May 31 20:02:40 2001

Hi! I haven't posted anything in a long time but just had to put my 2 cents worth in here! I had my unnecessary Hysterectomy a year and a half ago and it has been a steady slide down the tubes ever since. I have been in constant pain since my surgery (I had to have a 2nd one due to a Staph infection). I am on Premarin too and have gained over 60 pounds since my surgery. It is too depressing for words. I have adhesions on my bladder and now they feel like they have attached to my intestines and I hurt too bad to exercise anymore though I still make a feeble attempt at it. My GYN referred me to the Mayo clinic, but I'm not planning on going as I don't think they would do anything for me as every doctor I've been to has told me that any more surgeries would just make things worse, not better. All my doctors have told me that hormones do NOT cause weight gain, but all I know is the vast amount I have gained since I've been on them and CANNOT lose. I used to be able to lose weight easily by watching my diet and exercising moderately, now I just keep gaining. Between that, and this constant pain it is hard not to be depressed all the time. It's the pits! I also am on a heart medication and blood pressure medication so they may be adding to the problem too. I'm having a bad day too - the sharp, knife stabbing pains began yesterday around my incision and are shooting through my insides. It's scary as I don't have a doctor I can talk to about it as none of them know what to do. Rosie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Palmer" <lisap@jcn1.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:14 PM Subject: Re: hormones

> Hi Sally,
> I saw my PCP yesterday and asked him the same thing. He said that
estrogen > would not make them grow. Since my hyst. 3 1/2 years ago, I have gained
> more weight than I care too and I told him I was considering trying
> something herbal. He said I really should stay on them because of the
> calcium thing. I'm not real clear on the connection there, I guess there
> might be some in my hormone pills?? Maybe someone can clarify this for
me. > With the hormone pills and all the other meds, I can't drop a single
pound, > even with exercise and an 1100 calorie a day meal plan. One of the
> prescriptions he told me could account for about 20 pounds or so. Jeez, I
> feel like a spayed animal-big, fat, and disgusted with my appearance.
> Sorry about the attitude, just not having a real good day hear. My
> non-existent ovaries are killing me! He SAID he took them out. Hmmm
> Makes ya wonder!
> Much Love,
> Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: