yummy easy recipe

Thu May 31 17:18:00 2001

I'm always looking for yummy, easy recipes so I can try to eat healthy, even though I hardly feel like cooking any more. In my former life I loved to cook!

Here is one I would like to share with you:

Ingredients (organic vegetables make this taste the best!):

1 pain pill -- take before you start so you can ENJOY the food when it is ready :) 1 yellow onion (10/15's or vidalia are yummy) 1 green pepper 1 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes 1 to 2 cups small mushrooms Olive oil Garlic, salt and pepper to taste NOTE: Sometimes I put in zucchini and/or yellow squash instead of green peppers.

Cut up onion and peppers (or squash). Put in medium sized bowl. Throw in rest of veggies. Dribble olive oil over the whole mess and stir til coated. Spray a disposable aluminum pan with non-stick cooking spray. Dump veggies in pan. Sprinkle with salt/pepper garlic if desired. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake on top shelf of grill for 30 - 40 minutes on medium, or in an oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. You can lounge with the heating pad til it is done. :)

Veggies can be eaten plain, or put into a tortilla (with a little sour cream if you like) and made into a burrito. Also good over steamed rice. Also good with loosely chopped baked potatoes. Leftovers can be dumped into a can of vegetable broth and make a yummy soup, too. I go crazy with the lentils when I make soup. :)

Obviously you can use a washable pan to cook them in, but if you are feeling really crummy, the disposable ones will save you a step when it is time to clean up.

Bon appetit!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: